Pages

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Fluffy Nut Free Pancakes


Saying that we love breakfast in our household is an understatement.  Especially when it comes to baked goods and bacon!!!  That being said, pancakes on the weekend has always been a tradition in our house since Mike and I were first married.  When we decided to go grain free, we were so disappointed in the recipes that we found.  I finally found one that I loved, but it called for almond flour and this one particular weekend I was out.  I only had coconut flour.  I had several major fails in the past with coconut flour pancakes being dry and crumbly and just not very good.  But I had two cute little boys begging for pancakes, so I had to do something.  So, here's what I came up with.  I hope you like them!!


 Fluffy Nut-Free Pancakes

¼ c Coconut Flour
¼ c Arrowroot Flour
1 Tbsp Baking Powder  (or 1 tsp baking soda)
pinch of salt
4 eggs
¼ c Milk
3 Tbsp Honey or Maple Syrup
2 tsp vanilla
Coconut oil for frying


Put all ingredients in a bowl and beat with hand mixer until well combined.  Heat skillet on medium high and melt oil.  Using a ¼ cup, pour batter into pan.  Reduce heat to medium and cook until bubbles form.  Flip. Cook and additional 1-2 minutes and remove from heat.  Serve with your favorite topping.

No comments:

Post a Comment