Pages

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Cinnamon Pork Chops

This week has been unusually hectic for me.  I'm not sure if the kids felt the Thanksgiving energy in the air or if there was a full moon or if they were conspiring against me, but it was pretty nuts-o around here.  That's why I have only posted two recipes this week.  I have just been exhausted in the evenings or my brain was fried and I couldn't think of anything to write.  My two year old, Ethan, has been especially mischievous.....I found permanent marker marks on Michael's bedspread the other day and yesterday Mike found more on the door (I see painting in our future....smh), he colored on his dinner chair while he was eating lunch (thankfully that was washable), he refused nap most days this week, and he enjoyed (I guess) his meals so much, he got them all over his ENTIRE head, there's been lots of fighting, screaming and crying....I guess that's life with two little boys, or so I'm told. Maybe next week we can laugh about it....maybe. Anyway, all the sweet kisses and the "I yuv you, mom"s made up for it.  My kids are too cute to be mad at for long.....I mean seriously, look at these faces...
 
Ahhhh...I digress.....

Anyway, on to the topic at hand.....the food!  When I was a kid, we didn't eat a whole lot of pork.  I don't think my mom really liked it all that much, so I guess I thought I didn't like it either.  But, I have come to realize that pork, when cooked the right way, is absolutely delicious.....especially as bacon, but that's a whole other post.  ha!

So the other day I posted about some delicious apples I made and my cinnamon pork chops pair so very nicely with them. It's like that love and marriage song.....you can't have one without the other.  Lol, well I guess you technically can, but who really wants that, right?!  So make these two recipes together (cook the pork chops first and use the same pan for the apples)...you will be glad you did.  :)

Cinnamon Pork Chops

4 Center Cut Boneless Pork Loin Chops
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1-2 Tbsp Coconut Oil (depending on how big your pan is)

In a small bowl, combine salt, garlic powder, pepper and cinnamon.  Sprinkle mixture on both sides of pork chops.  In a large skillet, heat coconut oil on medium high.  Once oil is melted and pan is hot, add pork chops.  Sear on each side (about 3-4 minutes).  Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking until done, flipping from time to time so that the chops cook evenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment