Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Progress and Baby food

I love this season in our lives.  Yes, it is stressful and hectic and there are days I want to just sit in the closet, eat chocolate and cry, but I really wouldn't have it any other way.  I love to see my children growing and learning and loving our new land.  I love to see my husband working on our new home and creating and turning it into our perfect place with our fingerprints on it.  I'm so excited about what is in store.

So, our property we bought has a quaint little ranch house on it that was in need of a lot of TLC.  It's an outdated home with paneling, walpaper, blue bathroom furniture (sink, tub, and even toilet!  like baby blue....whaaaaat?!  lol), and popcorn ceilings!  The hubs and his dad (and today Uncle Joe joined the party!) have been working diligently on prepping the house for bigger and better things.  I feel like we are on an episode of "Flip or Flop".  Here are a few pictures of some of the work.



Before of the living room.....popcorn, fake stone.....








paneling.....








Adios paneling!!














Hello, smooth ceilings!!












 
The kitchen before....florescent lighting and popcorn ceilings.....







And after.....can't wait for texture, recessed lighting and an island light!!  
















 And this beautiful wood......well, I'm excited about this....but you'll have to wait to find out what it is for!  ;-)



Ok, so another milestone in our family is that my sweet girl has started baby food.  I wanted to let her follow baby led weaning and just give her chunks of food to gnaw on, but she is almost 7 months and still has no teeth, so I went with purees.  We don't do grains, so I skipped that and started her on avocado.  She liked it the first day.....the second, not so much.  So,  I made some sweet potatoes with homemade bone broth and she loves it!!  Plus, bone broth is great for aiding in the sealing of an infants leaky gut, so she's getting that in addition to flavor and good nutrients.  Tonight, I've steamed some carrots and will get those blended with some bone broth tonight.  Here is a video of my cutie pie trying out her first bites of food....enjoy!  (This is new for me and I'm not sure if the video will work.....hopefully it will!!)





No comments:

Post a Comment